Now that you have a new deck on your home, it’s time to make good use of it this summer. You’ll want to enjoy it every way you can. When deciding how to use your deck, there are a few things to think about. The first is its size.
Even the smallest decks offer exciting potential. It’s like having adding on to the square footage of your home. You then have the decision to make as to whether or not the deck should be open or enclosed.
Get a Lot of Use Out of Your Deck This Season
There are a number of ways to make the most out of your new deck this summer. Here are a few ideas you can try on for size:
- Set patio furniture outdoors so you’re able to entertain larger groups of people. If your home has small rooms but you have access to a big backyard, use your deck as a meeting spot. People can sit on the furniture you have set up on the lawn as well as on the deck. This is a great option for special events such as birthday parties and anniversaries as it provides ample space for larger groups of people. Entertain your family and friends with ease on your new deck.
- Decorate to the edges of your new deck. Think of the space as an additional room in your home. Consider that it is outdoors, however, so look for rugged furnishings. Use area rugs to break up space and cushions made of water-resistant materials in the event that it rains. Include potted plants that thrive in sunny conditions. You have the perfect space for them to grow now, right?
- Add plenty of pillows. Comfort is king and your deck should feel like a luxurious extension of your home. Don’t be afraid to pile up the pillows in the seating area of your deck. People will feel welcome and at ease when they’re visiting your home. They won’t be in a hurry to leave after a dinner party or birthday cookout, either. You’ll be able to catch up on old times easily by making your deck a relaxing place for all.
- Don’t forget the lighting. You’ll want to be able to see what you’re doing when you’re cooking out or entertaining guests. That’s why it’s important to decide on what type of outdoor lighting works best for your deck. If a string of fairy lights isn’t enough to illuminate the space, you’ll want to look into other options. Floodlights are a little extreme but do keep things well-lit. They’re helpful if you have an outdoor pool and host evening pool parties.
- Install a screen to enhance the view. If your deck overlooks your neighbor’s backyard or an unsightly area of your own yard, you can hide it by installing a screen. It camouflages what you don’t want to see day after day. It also keeps things interesting by adding height to the space you’re in. Doing so adds a layer of dimension that many designers recommend by using containers of various heights and textures. The key to creating a balanced space is to mix and match short and tall as well as darks and brights.
There are a number of ways to enhance the appearance of your deck and make it a sacred space for you, your family, and friends to enjoy. Not only does it house your favorite outdoor accessories such as your patio furniture, grill, and hot tub, it’s also a great place to show off your green thumb. Start an herb garden or grow your favorite flowers easily in the sunshine-filled areas of your deck.
Unlimited Potential with Your Newly Built Deck
A new deck offers unlimited potential. It gives you a place to entertain guests during the warmer months of the year. It serves as a space to relax, rest, and rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul. You can sit a hot tub, patio set, and grill on your deck and spend weeks pampering yourself with long soaks after work and delicious barbecue on the weekends.
A Purchase That Pays for Itself Time and Time Again
If you haven’t considered how much you’ll use a deck once you have one built, now is the time to think long and hard about that purchase. There are so many ways to use and enjoy a deck. It’s an investment that pays off time and time again throughout the years.
What Makes Diamond Decks the Company to Work With
Let Diamond Decks be your company of choice when it comes to building decks. Our skilled team of professionals demonstrate superior knowledge and craftsmanship. It doesn’t matter what size of budget you have to work with, either. We give every job our complete attention so that you are 100% satisfied with the work we’ve done on your deck.