Now that it’s officially summer, it’s time to put your new deck, patio or pergola to good use. You don’t want to keep it all to yourself, do you? That’s why it’s the perfect time to plan an outdoor get together with your family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers.
What says summer more than a party outside? It’s a great way to accommodate large crowds of people and usher in the new season. Everyone’s going to ask you about your new deck, patio or pergola anyway. Why not show it to them in person?
Here are some tips that will make your outdoor summer party a hit with your guests:
- Choose a theme. What’s more fun than a theme party? Rather than host your average get-together, come up with a theme. It makes it easier to plan everything and your guests will love the exciting atmosphere you’ve provided. This is the time to show off your new deck, patio or pergola by decorating it. Choose a decade to celebrate. You could host a 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s or 90s party. Or, choose an exotic location to highlight. Make it a Hawaiian luau or Taste of Italy celebration. The sky is the limit when it comes to the possibilities you could dream up.
- Serve up some delicious food. You’ll draw a crowd if you decide to cook out or dine outdoors. Everyone loves a get-together that involves food. Think about your theme and then come up with a menu. It doesn’t have to be elaborate to be effective. People love finger foods. You can come up with a whole bunch of ideas rather easily. Or, you could host a potluck and provide the main course. Ask everyone to bring a side dish, and you’ve got plenty of food to go around.
- Make it comfortable to visit. Make your deck, patio or pergola extra cozy by adding furniture, floor cushions, and pillows. Think about your indoor entertainment room. Extend its comfortability to your outdoor space. People will want to stay and visit longer when they feel right at home.
- Crank up the tunes. No party is complete without music. Again, tie your playlist into the theme you have chosen for your celebration. You’ll easily find a variety of music to choose from on Pandora, iTunes or Amazon Music. Add the songs that you think will liven up the party. You’ll be amazed at how some good tunes put everyone in a good mood.
- Take lots of pictures. No event is complete without the addition of photos. You’ll want to be able to share the experience with people who couldn’t make it to your party. You can post photos of your new deck, patio or pergola online and let others know what a great job Diamond Decks did to your property.
- Stock a cart with adult beverages. You can conveniently restock it whenever the need arises by wheeling to the kitchen as suggested by Real Simple. Your adult guests will appreciate the gesture. It’s precisely what they may need to relax and unwind. Make sure that everyone drinking has a designated driver who can get them home safely. It’s part of your responsibility as the host of a party.
- Make it kid-friendly. If a lot of your family and friends have kids, make sure that they’re able to attend the event, too. Think about the different ways you can include them in your summer celebration. It’s a great way to ensure that people attend your event. They won’t have to make arrangements for a babysitter. Kids can go with them to your party and have an equally good time.
- Don’t let a small budget discourage you. You may have spent all of your money on your deck, patio or pergola. That doesn’t mean you can’t have fun on a budget. It just requires you to be creative. As mentioned above, ask everyone to bring a favorite dish or drink. Lifehacker suggests buying in bulk from Costco or Sam’s Club. You can take advantage of free trial memberships to make the trip worth your while. You’ll be able to save big if you buy large enough quantities of things. Think bulk hamburgers, buns, and hot dogs. Pull out the grill and make it an event. A large budget isn’t required to have lots of summer fun.
Host a summer party outdoors that everyone remembers. Now that you have your new deck, patio or pergola, you’ll be spending more time outside soaking up the sun. You’ll thank Diamond Decks for building you the perfect outdoor space for entertaining.
Impress your family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers with a summer get-together that gives them something to talk about. It is fun to plan, allows you to show off the work that was done to your property, and allows you to catch up with everyone that is important to you.