So, you’re considering building an outdoor kitchen on your property but you don’t want it to look like a separate space than the rest of your home. You’ve thought long and hard about why you need it and how you’ll use it. You want it to appeal to the residents of your home as well as the guests you invite over to eat with you.
How do you make it transitional when it’s not completely enclosed the way your traditional kitchen is? If you have a pool, shed or garden, how to plan the space around them? It requires some thinking but there are many ways to make your outdoor kitchen feel like an extension of your home.
Here are five ways to do just that:
- Add a source of heat. One of the easiest ways to make the outdoor space feel as warm and cozy as your indoor kitchen is by adding radiant heat. Although it is costly, it provides you with a warm shelter during the colder months of the year. You don’t have to limit cooking outdoors to the warmer months when you have a source of heat making your space toasty. When considering how your outdoor kitchen will serve you, keep in mind that you’ll want it to be in a location that gets enough shade in the summer, too. If you feel comfortable, you’ll be more likely to use the outdoor kitchen opposed to the indoor one.
- Think about the exterior of your home. How can you match that with your new space? Are there colors and textures that make you think of your home? How can you incorporate them into your kitchen’s design? Color is one way to set the tone and convey a mood. If you live in a geographic location that is tropical, what types of patterns make you think of your surroundings? Getting a clear picture of how your home looks from the outside in and the type of landscape that surrounds it helps you determine what type of direction to take your outdoor kitchen design.
- Decide which layout is best for the space. Depending on how your home is built and your yard is laid out, you may not have the biggest space available for you to use. On the other hand, you may have a huge backyard and plenty of options to choose from. You need to think about how to make it comfortable and convenient for you to use. For example, where will the appliances go? Where will you place a table and chairs?
- Pick and choose the appliances that you’ll get the greatest use out of. It may be tempting to purchase every appliance you can get your hands on for your outdoor kitchen. It isn’t practical nor is it economical. You need to think about which appliances you’ll use most and which ones you can do without. If you can find combo units, by all means, buy those. They save space and give you more bang for your buck by providing you with two appliances rather than one.
- Give the space personality. Just like you decorate your home, you’ll want to outfit your outdoor kitchen with things that make it feel great. Think about furniture, decorations, and potted plants. You have the liberty to use more organic décor outdoors so think about ways you can make the natural scenery part of the overall look of your new kitchen. By mixing and matching colors, textures, and patterns, you’ll be able to achieve this goal easily.
Make your outdoor kitchen look and feel like an extension of your home. It’s a place you’re going to love to spend time in. That’s why it’s important to make it as comfortable and functional as possible. Let Diamond Decks know what we can do to help you achieve your goal.
We’ve got ideas that we’re willing to share with you. That’s one of the many benefits of having us build your outdoor kitchen. We possess the knowledge and skills that it takes to do the job right.
A look at our online gallery gives you a glimpse at the high quality work that we do. You’ll see very quickly how we put our customers first. We want you to be 100% satisfied with the outdoor kitchen that we build for you which is why we make you a part of the designing and building processes.
Being able to see your vision is a fine-tuned skill that we’ve cultivated. Let our knowledge and expertise convince you of our competency. We’ve built beautiful outdoor kitchens in the past for our customers, and now it is time for us to build one for you!