An outdoor fireplace or fire pit has the potential to draw people to your deck regularly. After all, isn’t it supposed to create a warm and inviting atmosphere for you, your family, and closest friends to enjoy? If you have an outdoor fireplace or fire pit set up, you’re going to attract a crowd. There’s something magical about seeing the flicker of an orange flame.
To get the most out of the fireplace or fire pit, you’ll want to decorate. It helps create a sense of cohesiveness when you follow a theme. Choose a color, pattern or style to explore further and add it to your outdoor space. This helps create an atmosphere that is perfect for entertaining small and intimate crowds of people.
Here are some ways to make the most out of your outdoor fireplace and fire pit area:
- Create the perfect layout.Think about how you have your furniture arranged in your home and mimic the same layout outdoors. You want to make the most of the space you’ve got by making it look and feel like an extension of your house. Use similar colors and patterns. Keep the furniture style the same, too. When traveling from inside to outside, it should feel incredibly natural.
- Cover the space with a roof. A pergola is perfect for every time of weather because it’s open on the sides but comes with a roof to protect you and your outdoor fireplace or fire pit from rain and snow. You can decorate its pillars easily, too. If you’re having a party, wrap streamers around them for temporary décor. If you want something more permanent to look at, you can hang decorations by nailing them into each pillar. This is an option you might want to look into if you spend a lot of time around the fire sharing stories and snacks with family and friends.
- Add natural elements. Bring the outdoors into your fireplace and fire pit space. Use rocks and slabs of stone to round things out. Choose furniture that has a rustic feel to it. Use materials of various weights and textures to create visual interest. You won’t be disappointed in how beautiful everything looks and feels. You’ll be naturally drawn to the space because of how comfortable it feels.
- A fire sculpture is a fun way to enjoy the space. Add a fire pit complete with a fire sculpture to the area. Not only does it look great and support an artist, it also helps heat the space effectively. The fire travels up the sculpture while you host your party. People will love the special look and feel of the piece of artwork. Fair warning, however. It becomes very addictive to buy fire sculptures so you may wind up with a large one and few smaller ones, too.
- Add a grate around the fire. If you want to give the space a more ornate feel, decorate it with a metal grate. You can create a unified look by choosing a pattern that looks similar to the metal chairs you have on display in the space. It’s a great way to keep the fire contained and show off your flare for style, too. Have the grate professionally installed over your permanent fireplace or fire pit for easier use.
- Include a modern chiminea. Use it in place of a fireplace or fire pit. You’ll find them in a number of colors and styles to meet your needs. You can go for something earthy or select a color that stands out in the space. Try to create contrast so that you’re able to make the area as aesthetically pleasing as possible. A bright pop of blue, yellow, red, and even green looks fantastic. People will love how you took the time to decorate the space and make it feel like home. They’ll enjoy attending your parties and visiting with you.
Your deck is a place where comfort reins. Why wouldn’t you want to spend more time outdoors, around your fireplace or fire pit with the people you care about most in the world? Fortunately for you, this is a year round activity with unlimited potential. You can enjoy your enclosed deck every season, even when cold weather shuts down your pool and backyard for the year.
Diamonds Decks provides you with the space that you need to feel comfortable year round. Using what you’ve learned here, you can decorate it to your liking. This helps you make the most of your deck, patio or pergola.
You’ll spend more time outside and less time inside even after the weather has cooled down some. So, it only makes sense to decorate the outdoor fireplace and fire pit area to meet your needs. That way it’s natural to go outdoors and stay out there for a while.